Kuakini Seeks Volunteers
October 5, 2012
Kuakini Health System (Kuakini) is looking for new volunteers to help support its mission. Volunteers are an important part of the Kuakini Health Care Team and assist in almost every department. While Kuakini welcomes the help from volunteers in all areas of its campus, it is especially in need of volunteers who are certified Healing Touch practitioners and volunteers to staff the information desks and Snack Shop.
Volunteersí interests and aptitudes are considered when determining their assignments. Every effort is made to match volunteers with work they find fulfilling and meaningful. Volunteers provide a wide array of support at Kuakini. Some of their duties include:
- Operating the Gift Shop
- Staffing the snack shop in the Kuakini Medical Plaza
- Greeting and assisting visitors at the information desks
- Assisting patients and residents with meals and errands
- Transporting patients and residents around campus
- Providing companionship to older residents
- Using Healing Touch therapy with patients/residents (certification required)
- Staffing the Kokua Room, which helps collate medical literature, prepare large mailings and assist in other projects
- Staffing special events such as the PrimeTime Wellness Fair and Kuakiniís Open House for students
- Assisting at fundraisers
- Helping with a variety of tasks that support Kuakiniís departments and services
Kuakini volunteers provide a valuable community service and help make a difference for Kuakiniís patients, residents and visitors. They also have an opportunity to meet new people, learn new things and stay active. In appreciation for their generous donation of time, Kuakini honors its volunteers each year during National Volunteer Week with a recognition luncheon and special gift.
To be a Kuakini volunteer, you need to be at least 14 years old and be able to volunteer at least once a week for a three-hour shift. Volunteers under age 18 require parental consent.
Individuals interested in volunteering or who would like more information should contact Kuakiniís Volunteer Services office by phone at 547-9184 or e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org. Office hours are from 7:30 a.m. to 4 p.m., Monday through Saturday.
Click here to visit the Volunteer Program/Auxiliary webpage.