At the Kuakini Gastrointestinal (GI) Services Department, physicians, nurses and technicians are trained to perform endoscopic procedures, using specialized equipment called endoscopes. They perform diagnostic and therapeutic procedures using the newest and advanced technological equipment that meet strict national guidelines and standards to ensure the utmost safe, quality care for all patients. Additionally, our friendly, professional employees have over 150 years of combined experiences both in endoscopy and nursing care.
Gastrointestinal (G.I.) Services specialize in the diagnosis, treatment, and care of digestive disorders affecting the esophagus, stomach, and bowels. G.I. Services also provides treatment for liver diseases, screens for certain types of cancers and if necessary, removes cancerous growths from the colon.
Endoscopy is a medical term describing the internal examination of body organs and cavities, using an instrument called an endoscope. Kuakini G.I. Services performs endoscopic procedures of the gastrointestinal tract, which can lead to the early detection and treatment of ailments.
Kuakini G.I. Services:
- Has the newest, state-of-the art gastrointestinal endoscopy system.
- Is the first and only endoscopy unit in the state that uses 3-dimensional magnetic endoscopic imaging technology. This technology helps with the physical handling of the endoscope, thus improving patient comfort during procedures.
- Is the first endoscopy unit in the state to acquire advanced technology for cleaning and disinfecting endoscopes.
- Employs specially trained staff with more than 150 combined years of experience in patient care and the field of endoscopy.
- Meets national guidelines and standards to ensure safe, quality health care services to its patients.
- Provides exceptional patient care throughout a patient's visit at Kuakini Medical Center.
Kuakini G.I. Services is located on the first floor of Kuakini Medical Center, across from Ambulatory Care Services.
Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday: 6:30 a.m. - 6 p.m.
Thursday: 7 a.m. - 6 p.m.; First Thursday of every month: 7 a.m. - 3:30 p.m.
Saturday: 7 a.m. - 3:30 p.m.
Sundays and hospital-observed holidays: Closed