Kuakini Plaza Pharmacy, located in the Kuakini Medical Plaza at 321 North Kuakini Street, has been serving the Liliha and Nuuanu communities for over 30 years. Kuakini Plaza Pharmacy is located on the Kuakini Health System campus, within convenient walking distance of Kuakini Medical Center and two physicians office buildings. Kuakini Plaza Pharmacy accepts most insurance plans and sells over the counter medications and supplies. Free express parking is available for refill pick-ups and flat-rate validated parking with purchase if you visit us after your doctor’s appointment. Special orders may be placed with delivery during the next business day. Most prescriptions are filled within 15 minutes.
Kuakini Plaza Pharmacy Welcomes Back EUTF Members
As of January 1, 2014, all members of the Hawaii Employer Union Health Benefits Trust Fund (EUTF) may fill their maintenance prescription medications at any CVS Caremark network pharmacy, including the Kuakini Plaza Pharmacy. This eliminates the need to order prescription medications through the mail. EUTF members may receive a three-month supply of their maintenance medications for the cost of two co-payments instead of three, a discount that used to be available only through mail order, but is now available at any network pharmacy. If you live, work, or make your physician visits in the Liliha-Nuuanu area, give us a try! Flat-rate validated parking is available, as well as free express parking for refill pick-ups. Please call Kuakini Plaza Pharmacy at (808) 547-9440 if you have any questions.
Free 15-minute Express Parking
Free 15-minute Express Parking is available for patrons who call in their refills ahead of time. Three reserved parking stalls are located near the exit of the Public Parking Building, and are marked in green.
Prescription Refill / Information Line: (808) 547-9440
The Kuakini Plaza Pharmacy now features an updated phone system that allows customers to request prescription refills at any time of the day, on any day of the week. Instead of speaking directly with a pharmacy staff member, there are automated instructions to request refills via the use of your telephone keypad. This makes for an easy, convenient and discreet method of requesting refills. The new phone system also has options to hear reminders about pharmacy hours and directions. There is also an option to speak directly to a pharmacy staff member, if you are calling during normal business hours.
Kuakini Plaza Pharmacy:
- Has been serving the Liliha and Nuuanu communities for over 30 years.
- Offers generic and brand-name prescriptions and over-the-counter medications.
- Fills most prescriptions within an hour.
- Accepts most major drug plans.
- Offers a number of payment options including VISA, MasterCard, AmericanExpress, and Discover Card.
- Offers a $2 flat rate for validated parking in the Kuakini Health System Public Parking Building.
- Offers a Customer Rewards Program Card -- receive a stamp on your card each time you fill or refill a prescription. After 10 stamps, you may redeem your card for a free beverage of your choice from the Kuakini Snack Shop.
- Makes follow-up calls to physicians for non-refillable prescriptions -- If your refill request is for a prescription that has an expired refill period or is otherwise non-refillable, we will contact your physician as a courtesy to you, for approval on the refill. If approval is not given, we will notify you so you can discuss the matter with your physician.
- Provides free replacements for lost, broken, or tight-fitting container caps (easy open or child safety), for prescriptions filled by Kuakini Plaza Pharmacy.
Monday: 7:30 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Tuesday-Friday: 8:30 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Saturday: 8:30 a.m. - 12:30 p.m.
Sunday and hospital-observed holidays: Closed